- SURVIVE AND THRIVE in an emergency with this weather-resistant ferro rod fire starter in your survival kit. Unlike matches that can become wet or blown-out in wind, our fire steel is impervious to the elements.
- 5000 F DEGREES SPARKS are hot enough to ignite a variety of tinder including plant fuzz, goldenrod fluff, and cattail seed or milkweed down. Stay warm and keep the wolves at-bay with this foolproof fire steel.
- 15,000+ STRIKES from the Texas Bushcraft Fire Starter make it an essential part of your camping accessories. The included striker tool attached on the lanyard ensures that you’re always prepared for the unexpected.
- INCLUDED SURVIVAL TOOL features a bottle opener, hex wrench, micro ruler, map scale and sharp spine scraper. It is affixed to the ferro rod by the 48” braided paracord lanyard for quick easy retrieval and use.
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE so it fits in your pocket, backpack or auto glove box, the Texas Bushcraft flint steel also boasts a sturdy and comfortable hardwood handle that delivers optimal grip and control during use.
Overcome the forces of nature
When you find yourself stranded with nightfall approaching, you can't trust your well-being to matches or a cigarette lighter with limited fuel. The Texas Bushcraft Ferrocerium Rod ensures that you always have a reliable heat source at your fingertips. This man-made fire steel produces sparks in excess of 5000 F degrees, igniting tinder and starting a fire so you can alert rescue crews to your whereabouts, stay warm as temperatures fall, and maybe even cook wild game to sustain you.
No climate is too harsh
Unlike butane lighters that are hampered by wind, or matches that can become wet and unusable, ferro rods are impervious to weather, showering sparks over a pile of tinder in rain or gale-force winds. Capable of more than 15,000 strikes, our fire starter will see you through countless camping and hiking excursions, or carry you through the aftermath of a natural disaster as part of your prepper supplies. Small and compact, it goes virtually anywhere in your pocket, hiking gear or camping equipment.
All the tools for your survival
Each ferro rod boasts a sturdy wooden handle which has 48" of heavy-duty paracord braided through it. Attached to the paracord is a multifunctional survival tool made of hardened steel. It also measures, opens bottles, turns hex nuts and helps you map-out your return to civilization. With a hard-wearing black powder coating, it endures the rigors of the outdoors without rusting or corroding.
For a fire starter you can count on when the going gets tough, add a Texas Bushcraft Ferro Rod to your camping supplies and survival gear today.
Have not used it in the wild yet. But playing with it outside in the yard it works great. Plan to get a lit of use out it.
ONCE THE PAINT WAS REMOVED ....AOK
I haven't had the need to try these yet, but here so many good things about your product I decided to choose Y'all for my preparedness ready supplies. Things in this country aren't looking good and the world for that as well. It's time to get prepared and I'm trusting your company for part of me getting my family ready for what might happen.
It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Thanks for your products and time.
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts Jon! Much appreciated!
Bummer it's made in China, but seems to good quality and it works so fuck it.
Great customer service oriented company. Product seems like a quality product. Excited to try with my upcoming trip in May.